Fulltime, Mill (area Nijmegen)
NRF is an European manufacturer of heat exchange products for automotive, marine, rail and industrial applications, supplying cooling and air conditioning parts globally. It is part of Banco Products, listed in India. Together they hold a strong position in the supply of cooling packs Industrial markets, producing both copper brass and aluminium cooling packs on locations throughout Europe and India. Production locations are in The Netherlands, France, Spain and India.
The Application Engineer Industrial Cooling Systems is responsible for the development of cooling units and cooling components for Tier 1 and Tier 2 accounts in the European market. You will be part of NRF’s Industrial team working with Dutch, Spanish and India based engineers and sales, reporting to the Manager Engineering and Product Design.
A general understanding of cooling technology itself, as well as having the passion to find the best solution for our customers is a must have for this position. You determine the scope and realize the solution as finished product. In order to achieve your goals you will work with colleagues from Sales, Design and Operations. Your communication skills enable you to be an appreciated contact partner for our customers to discuss topics on a technical base. Excellent project management skills are the base for our success.
• Masters degree in engineering, preferably thermodynamics;
• Minimum 5 years of experience in industry with a proven track record;
• Experienced in communication with customers;
• The general understanding of product development processes in manufacture and service;
• Good knowledge of the processes involved to produce project plans, quality plans, data dossiers and other required documentation for g. PED applications and customer audits;
• Thorough understanding of the design of heat exchangers for single phase forced convection applications from first principles;
• Experience in mechanical design, sufficient to be able to use/supplement mechanical design codes and interpret FEA data;
• A basic understanding of metallurgy and corrosion in relation to common heat exchanger materials;
• Good understanding of heat exchanger manufacturing techniques, in particular welding, aluminium brazing, roller expansion;
• Some prior experience with and in-depth knowledge of using a mechanical design code such as ASME VIII, PD5500, EN 13445, AD2000, EU PED, SPVD, etc.
• Basic knowledge of the EU machinery directive and ATEX is advantegous;
• Basic knowledge of noise assessment, practical vibration analysis and simple harmonic motion theory;
• Fluent in English, preferably one other language like German/Dutch;
• Free to travel.
• Working in an international organization with an open culture;
• Short lead time projects as well as long term development and co-development projects;
• Requirement to lead;
• Many internal contacts for manufacturing and development;
• A job that uses your technical know-how to create solutions for our customers;
• Partnerships with customers and suppliers;
• Focus on personal and professional development;
• Opportunity to take initiative and seize opportunities;
• Competitive labour conditions;
• Work based in Mill with opportunity to travel to customers or suppliers.
Please send your application or your request for additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ms Sterre Galesloot, Human Resources.