Fulltime, Gdańsk, Poland
Do you like to set and maintain standards for product quality while also ensuring that procedures are in place to assure compliance with those standards? Then NRF is looking for you!
NRF is a manufacturer of heat exchange products for automotive, marine and industrial applications, distributing cooling and a/c parts globally with a focus on the European and US aftermarket. NRF employs 400 people, has a turnover exceeding 90Mln Euro and is owned by the significantly larger Banco Holding, listed on the Indian stock exchange. NRF Poland located in Gdansk is one of NRF’s largest aftermarket operations, including almost 7000m2 warehouse and global functions such as Sales Team that will expand with a Pricing Analyst to maintain NRF’s pricing data.
You will provide freight forwarding expertise for a vertically integrated automotive aftermarket company. The successful candidate will be working with all regions (mainly Asia – Europe), handling imports and exports for ocean shipments, occasionally train and air. Duties entail, but not limited to, receiving notice of product allocation, securing bookings, monitoring movement and distributing documents that are 100% accurate.
What are your areas of responsibilities?
• Book export shipments with designated ocean carriers in a timely and a cost-effective manner;
• Monitor dray carriers to load ocean containers in advance of port cuts;
• Establish positive relationships with ocean carriers, dray carriers, warehouse operators and internal groups (D&P, CS, Logistics);
• Handle rush train/air shipments on occasion;
• Ensure export documentation is correct before sending out externally;
• Track critical shipments to destination port;
• Troubleshoots customer / agent questions and issues timely and provide a permanent solution to reoccurring problems;
• Participate in contracts negotiations;
• Maintain knowledge of international shipments to ensure Government, customer and company requirements are met;
• Code, approve ocean invoices.
What would the typical job accountabilities include?
• Provide accurate booking confirmations within 24 hours after receipt of allocation notice;
• Monitor containers are loaded on time to meet cut deadlines;
• Send correct documentation to customer service, agents and customers with zero mistakes;
• Answer emails with complete information and provide solutions: follow up, even if no update;
• Demonstrated Microsoft Axapta knowledge a plus;
• Pull a monthly forecast of exports for the next month to prepare for high/low activity;
• Work closely with Asia’s sales rep and all agents with a positive „can do” attitude;
• Demonstrate sensitivity to customer needs;
• Track order activity and alert appropriate staff of any potential delivery problems;
• Obtain a good understanding of incoterms;
• Exhibit a thorough understanding of how to use AX most effectively. Understand the impact and interaction on other systems and users within the company.
What do you bring?
• Hold a business-related degree with 3 years’ experience in freight forwarding, working as part of a team (automotive aftermarket environment is a plus);
• Proficient in Microsoft Office;
• MS AX Dynamics experience is a plus;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Exceptional organizational skills: can effectively act with changing priorities;
• Interpersonal skills: can effectively communicate across the board;
• Think logically to provide answers to internal and external customers;
• Can work in a fast-paced environment where change and process improvement activities are the norm;
• Trouble resolution: leadership skills and the ability to work with others to resolve internal customer complaints;
• Time management and multitasking abilities: ability to prioritize the tasks and complete them on a timely manner;
• Results oriented individual;
• Self-motivated individual: high energy, hands-on, ability to work in a collaborative team oriented environment;
• IT driven: ability to learn how to use proprietary software quickly.
What do we offer?
We offer you a full-time employment in a successful and dynamic organization, which specializes in the most advanced heat exchange systems. A great opportunity to further development yourself as a Freight Forwarder Specialist in an international organization. You get room for growth and development. NRF offers a working environment with an open and informal atmosphere where you will work together on ambitious goals. An appropriate salary, including space for training and personal development. Benefits such as participation in group schemes are also possible.
If you are interested in this challenging position, we would like to receive your CV and motivation. You can send this to Aleksandra Jaworska (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions, please contact us. For more information, visit our website www.nrf.eu.